Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What's the deal with reserve readings?

What are reserves?

Reserve readings are course readings placed on short term loan by your professor.

How long can I have them?

The standard loan time for a reserve is two hours.  The return time is two hours from the time you check out the material.

Where are they located?

Reserves are located at the Circulation Desk in the Library.  You can ask library staff for assistance.

What information do I need to check out a reserve reading?

When you come to the Circulation Desk to check out a reserve reading, you should have both the title and the call number of the item you are looking for.  You can find this information by searching the Reserves section in the Novanet catalogue.  If you are unfamiliar with how to search for reserves using Novanet, ask at the Circulation Desk and library staff can show you how!

Can I renew my reserve reading or place a hold on it?

To ensure equitable access to these materials for all students, reserve readings cannot be renewed and hold requests cannot be placed on a reserve reading, due to the fact that these readings are in high demand.

I don't have my library card with me.  Can I still check out my reserve reading?

You must present your library card at the Circulation Desk to check out reserve readings and all other library materials.

What happens if I return my reserve a few minutes late?

Reserve readings, like all other library materials, are subject to overdue fines if they are returned late

No comments: